Thursday, October 23, 2014

Our 3 year old

Poor little guy is having a hard time with missing Daddy when he goes to Sweet Lady's. Bud is over at her house again right now. Little buddy has been super clingy to me since Daddy left saying he misses him. We thought the meltdown from little buddy last night was due to Daddy not saying goodbye or anything before he left. So today he made sure to say goodbye along with letting him know he'd be back soon. It hasn't seemed to help. Bud has been the stay at home parent since little buddy was a baby so Dad is his safety and comfort. Not sure how to navigate this one. Maybe it's just going to take time for him to adjust to not having Daddy around 24/7?

I'm trying really hard to maintain patience until we move into a house that has all of us in one place. I know this is only temporary but damn it mama bear really wants to come out right now. I see something upsetting my children and my first instinct is to fight & protect. In this case I need to let it go though. The two of them need and deserve time alone to do whatever they want. I wish there was an instruction manual for poly and kids. I would open up to the chapter that tells me how to handle this situation and calm my mama bear feelings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment