Saturday, October 25, 2014

In my happy place

Last night Sweet Lady took all of the kids to her house for a movie so Bud and I could have a date night. We didn't do much because his back was hurting. Sat in the living room, watched episodes of Mysteries at the Museum and talked. It wasn't terribly exciting but it was nice to have that quiet time with him. We didn't even ask her to. She just told us she was doing it and left no room for discussion about it. She is the most amazing woman I've ever met. Really!!! I'm not kidding.

She came into a relationship that must have felt pretty strange to her at times with a married man. Then ended up in a relationship with me shortly after. She's handled herself with dignity and grace that I'm not sure I could have found if I had been in her place. We're very lucky to have her as part of our family.

Bud is over spending time with her at her house now. She's got some kid-free time for about an hour. Her younger two went out with the oldest one for a little while. Little Buddy seems to be doing ok with Daddy being gone for the time being. Maybe he's starting to get used to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment