Monday, October 20, 2014

Back pain, couches, and short tempers

Bud's back pain has been pretty bad the last week or so. He hasn't slept in bed with Sweet Lady and I since last Tuesday or Wednesday. I don't recall which day for sure, just that it's been a while. Laying down for him is extremely painful. He sleeps in the recliner downstairs for now. That's meant little sleep for him. No cuddle time for Sweet Lady and I with him and no adult time with him either. Sweet Lady and I have spent a lot of time either worrying about him, taking care of every day tasks, or trying to catch up sleep because we are both exhausted. We had a bit of a tense night recently where Bud wanted to talk with us both and the conversation ended abruptly after something I said was taken wrong. Bud tried to approach the conversation a second time but he was still on edge so it ended abruptly again without being productive.

He expressed the night before last that he gets pretty lonely being downstairs all night in the recliner. Sweet Lady and I have been sleeping on the couch since then so he isn't alone. It's not easy to fit two people on a couch but it helps Bud feel better. We'll get through it. Sweet Lady and I are going to ask Bud if he would be willing to sleep on a recliner in the bedroom while we sleep in the bed. That seems like a good way to fix both issues for now. Bud will be able to be near us. Sweet Lady and I will be able to get a better night of sleep.

I've noticed myself getting very off in my mood lately. I've been stressed about work related things. I haven't been able to reconnect with Bud or Sweet Lady the way I'd like to. It's a quick hug or kiss here & there as we all buzz around with a million things on our minds. Which is a part of life. I do realize that. I just enjoy the physical contact. It doesn't even have to be sexual all the time. Just holding one another helps me feel reconnected at the end of the day.

Anyhow, real life is calling me back so I better sign off now. Hope everyone out there is having a wonderful Autumn!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment